Saltwater pools use a salt chlorine generator for sanitation. As saltwater passes through the generator it separates the salt and water into hydrogen and hypochlorous acid. This acid replaces the need for chlorine tablets to sanitize the water. Saltwater pools are becoming more and more popular as people are informed of the benefits that saltwater pools have.
Chlorine pools use higher levels of chlorine to fight off bacteria in your pool water. When chlorine is poured into your water, or tablets are dropped in, the chemicals break down and are able to kill bacteria like algae. Chlorine pools are the most common type of pool.
Pros for Chlorine :
- Traditional choice- If you have swam in a pool before it most likely was a chlorinated pool. Chlorine pools are very affordable and very common.
- Easy to use- just buy chlorine tablets and put in the pool on regular basis
- Chlorine kills bacteria and disinfects your pool water. This means it is very effective in preventing algae and other bacteria from growing
Cons for Chlorine:
- Hard to maintain levels properly- could over chlorinate if you put too many tablets in at once and can also under-chlorinate
- Not as easy on your skin, eyes and hair
For more information
If you have any questions after reading these pros and cons call a Poolwerx near you. Choosing between chlorine and saltwater pools can be a difficult decision for any pool owner. Poolwerx technicians are pool experts and will be able to help you figure out the best option for you and your family.
Summer is Your Downtime, Not Your Pool's. Book a Service Today