Chief People, Performance & Culture Officer
About the business
Poolwerx is one of Australia’s most recognised, multi awarded and successful franchise systems. We continue to experience significant growth in Australia, New Zealand and the US market. It is a very exciting time to be part of the Poolwerx journey!
About the role
An exciting opportunity now exists for a passionate and experienced Chief People, Performance & Culture Officer to join our leadership team in Milton. With the support of a small but growing team, you will be responsible for effectively leading and managing all HR & L&D aspects of the business, supporting our network of staff, company owned operations, and franchisees.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
Lead, Innovate, Strategise and Plan
- Develop People and Culture Strategic Plan and effectively implement.
- Provide strategic planning and advice to management on people and learning pathways
- Reporting & salary /departmental budgeting and management
- Recruitment/Retention/Workforce and Succession planning strategies and activities
- Oversee the Human Resource Information System / Learning Management Solution strategic development and implementation projects.
- Recognise and research future trends and best practice to ensure project approaches and roadmaps are aligned with business strategies.
- Providing strategic and tactical support to our global teams in learning and development and human resources
- Regularly review and recommend organisational design to support company growth.
- Performance Management coordination, strategies and improvement
- Supervise & manage the full range of staff recruitment, selection and induction processes within agreed timeframes
- Ensure sites are compliant with relevant legislation and follow company and best practice standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide advisory and support services to Franchise Partners.
- Supervise payroll activities and provide strategic direction on improvement solutions.
- Develop, implement and monitor internal policies, guidelines, procedures and processes.
- Monitor, develop and drive staff incentive & engagement programs.
- Oversee provision or practical WHS support to sites.
- Develop, maintain and manage Franchise Partner activities and participation including wage audits to meet Fair Work legislative requirements.
Learning and Development
- Identify, plan, budget and script creative learning solutions to training needs, ensuring they are line with the business strategy.
- Develop targeted materials that meet the learning need across a range of delivery channels.
- Manage the delivery of training and development programs and modules across all departmental areas and the franchise network.
- TEC, REC, CPO field team ongoing development programs
- Lead development of twice yearly Team summits & monthly Team meetings to inform and motivate
- Develop and manage our Development (off-season) Season training program for franchise partners and their teams
- Provide training and support services to Franchise Partners and employees via training forums (training school, business meetings, workshop, national convention) and in field visits.
- Develop, maintain and implement Traineeship/Apprenticeship programs
- Undertake and drive L&D project work .
- Develop & manage a Franchise Partner ‘peer group support, sharing and learning’ program.
- Identify, develop, implement and oversee initiatives to drive an effective culture, supporting our values and including Wellness, employee listening/feedback and 360 peer review.
- Continue to develop, implement and maintain employee recognition initiatives to support high performing teams.
- Develop and implement pulse and health check surveys programs
- Promote and encourage full utilisation of benefits along with sourcing and introducing other valued benefit offerings to enhance the overall team member employee value proposition
Benefits and perks
The successful candidate will receive career development opportunities as well as additional benefits including competitive remuneration & performance bonus + incentives, employee benefit initiatives, planned social club events and team building activities. Additionally, we offer ongoing personal development & education programs, mentoring from a broad range of international executives and external specialists, and a fantastic and supportive team culture with free parking and excellent office facilities!
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, our People and Performance Manager will have:
- Minimum 10years’ knowledge of and experience in the application of contemporary HR procedures and practices with at least 3 years at senior leadership level.
- Qualifications in HR or related subject
- Ability to interpret legislation, regulations and Awards together with policy and procedures
- Previous experience implementing a LMS or similar across multiple locations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including interviewing and counselling
- An ability to interact proactively with all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrate competence in conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Well-developed organisation and administrative skills, including strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and control own and team workload
- Effectiveness in contributing to a team, including the capacity to review and improve workplace practices
- Demonstrate capacity to effectively communicate, promote and uphold HR initiatives and values, including discretion and confidentiality
If you believe you have what we are looking for in our next star performer, we want to hear from you! Please forward your application letter and resume via SEEK.
We appreciate your interest in working for Poolwerx and wish to advise you that only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.