Fixing a Green Pool
Before beginning any post-rain storm pool cleaning, ensure you do the following:
- Empty skimmer and pump baskets. If you don’t the accumulated debris in the pool will clog the baskets and reduce the flow of water.
- Remove large debris and leaves from the water. They will influence the water chemistry of the pool and potentially stain your pool’s surface.
- Test your pool water. Your local Poolwerx offers free water testing, and can provide personal recommendations to bring your pool back to health.
Vitalyse Poly Plus Algaecide
This works in conjunction with your chlorine, salt and minerals to quickly and more effectively kill the algae in your pool, bringing your pool back from green to clean.
Tips on using Vitalyse Poly Plus Algaecide:
- Clean your pool up first. Organic material in the pool consumes algaecide, making it less effective.
- Make sure you run your filter with the algaecide. This helps to disperse the algaecide and remove the suspended matter. Algaecides have little impact on stagnant water.
- Never overdose your pool. Read and follow instructions on the label, and visit your local Poolwerx for a free water test to determine what dosage you should use.
Request a Service
If you need some help with your pool after a rainstorm, request a service today and our fully qualified technicians can help!