Health Benefits of Minerals
There are many different blends of minerals that can go in your mineral pool, including magnesium, potassium, sodium chloride and borates. Poolwerx stocks a range of mineral blends so you can choose the right mineral solution for you. Click on each of the minerals below to see the unique health benefits of each!
There have been several studies around the use of Magnesium chloride that show the positive effects this composition has on the body. According to a 2015 study from The University of Queensland, evidence shows that when bathing in magnesium enriched water, magnesium will be absorbed through the skin and provide the following benefits:
- It is an anti-inflammatory agent
- Soothe the skin, relieving those with sensitive skin
- Detoxify the skin and body, by way of relaxing the nervous system.
- Softens and smooths the water
- Restores skin elasticity and moisture to skin to help with dryness or inflammation
- Helps your body absorb calcium, keeping your bones and teeth strong
Potassium is essential to the functioning of several body organs and when combined with magnesium, it can help detoxify your body. A bonus is that it also nourishes grass and plants, so if you have foliage around your pool, these minerals can help keep them growing.
Borates are one of the most effective water enhancers however, many pool owners have yet to take advantage of this product. The health benefits of borates include:
- Enhance your comfort level while swimming
- A soft silky feeling as you move through the water
- Prevents swimmers from getting dry skin and red, itchy eyes
Want more info or a Quote?
Talk to the experts today! Your local Poolwerx can help you with questions or give you a quote for converting your pool to minerals.