APRIL POOLS DAY
Register for your FREE CPR Course Below
We surveyed people across Australia, and the statistics are alarming
Learn the basics of CPR
Laurie Lawrence, alongside his daughter Emma, have put together step-by-step instructional videos on how to administer CPR. These videos are a fantastic start to learning how to administer CPR on children and adults.
How to perform CPR on a Child
How to perform CPR on Adults
April Pools Day
What is April Pools Day?
A child is four times more likely to survive a drowning if their parents know CPR and start immediately! Recent research conducted by Poolwerx reveals that 75% of people surveyed felt they did not have the necessary CPR skills to save a life in an emergency, 37% said they didn’t know where to get training and 34% said their partner knew CPR so they didn’t have to!
Every April we host April Pools Day in partnership with the Australian Red Cross to help change these terrifying statistics by helping to educate more people with this lifesaving skill.
Kids Alive - Do the Five Program
Knowing how to resuscitate in an emergency is vital. But it’s easier to prevent a drowning occurring in the first place. That’s why Poolwerx is a proud supporter of Laurie Lawrence’s Kids Alive – Do the Five program.
By reinforcing five simple steps, the program’s goal is to reduce the number of drownings in Australia to zero:
- Fence the pool
- Shut the gate
- Teach your kids to swim – it’s great!
- Supervise – watch your mate
- Learn how to resuscitate
Tragically in 2017/18, 33 Australians drowned in swimming pools. 12 of these were kids under five. Figures also show that children under the age of five accounted for over half of reported near drownings in home swimming pools.
Would you know what to do if this happened in your pool?
Teaching your kids to swim, learning CPR and supervising them at all times are key ways you can reduce drowning risk. It’s also important to regularly check your pool surrounds to ensure pool gates, latches and fences and check there are no objects around the fence perimeter.
Download our Pool Safety Checklist
Did you know drowning is the greatest cause of accidental death to children under five in Australia? Each week, on average, one child drowns.
We partner with the Kids Alive community service program to provide education on five important steps to reduce the risk of preschool drowning.
Together with us, you can make a difference. Download your Pool Safety Checklist today!
April Pools Day Partners
Australian Red Cross
Our April Pools Day training partner, is a leading provider of first aid training and is passionate about skilling as many people as possible in lifesaving CPR.
Kids Alive In 1988 to combat drowning, Laurie Lawrence created the Kids Alive – Do the Five water safety program. The Kids Alive community service program educates the public on five important steps to reduce the risk of preschool drowning.
Important information about FREE CPR courses
Terms and Conditions
- The free online course is only available to the first 4,000 people to register.
- The course is valued at $100.
- Registrations for the course will be on offer between 1-8 April, 2020 or once the allocation is reached. Following registration, you will be sent a link which will allow you to access the online course until April 30 2020. The online course cannot be sold or redeemed for money.
- People wishing to complete full CPR training with Australian Red Cross, following the online component, can participate in the practical element at a discount of 20%.
- All information required is for the sole purpose of creating a login for the online course. All details will be supplied and shared with the Australian Red Cross and Poolwerx.