Sweet Beet Healthy Summer Salad
SERVES 4 | 25 minutes
- 2 fresh baby beetroots, peeled & shaved thinly
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup baby beetroot leaves
- 1/2 a red apple, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup danish feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- salt & pepper, to taste
Arrange spinach and baby beet leaves on a large plate. Top with beetroot, apple, walnuts and feta. Set aside.
To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small jar and secure the lid. Shake well until all ingredients are combined. Serve the dressing alongside the salad and drizzle over each portion as serving. Enjoy!
NB: The baby beet leaves can be picked straight from the beetroot bunch. Baby spinach leaves can be used as a substitute.