Poolwerx founded in 1992 is Australasia’s largest pool and spa maintenance network. With over 300 territories made up of retail stores and mobile vans, Poolwerx clients have some of the best people and latest technology available anywhere they live or work to take care of their backyard or commercial pool.
We don’t stop with servicing your pool or selling you chemicals, we are on hand to advise and support you to ensure you have a healthy pool that you or your clients can enjoy. After all a pool is an investment and deserves our utmost attention.
And when we say the best we believe that we are! We have a commitment to excellence for our clients, our franchise partners, our suppliers and our industry and our multiple awards suggest that we are on track!
Poolwerx Awards & Recognition
- Established Franchisor of the Year, 2016, 2004 & 2002 - Franchise Council of Australia
- Multi-Unit Franchise of the Year (Poolwerx Samford 2012, Poolwerx Mt Gravatt 2013, Poolwerx Joondalup 2015) – Franchise Council of Australia
- Q400 Rising Star – QBR 2011
- Fastest Growing Franchises – BRW 2004 - 2012
- Top 9 Return on Investment Franchises – Australian Financial Review 2006 & 2008
- National Franchisor of the Year - Franchise Council of Australia 2002 & 04
- State Franchisee of the Year – Franchise Council of Australia 2000, 01 & 06
- Most Respected Franchise (Service) – Deloittes 2005
- Best State Pool Store - SPASA 2002, 04, 05, 06 & 07
- Best State Pool Technician - SPASA 2004, 05, 06 & 10
The ethos of Poolwerx also reflects CEO John O’Brien’s own career as:
- Franchise Council of Australia Hall of Fame Inductee
- Australian Franchisee of the Year
- Regional Franchisee of the Year
- Franchisor of the Year
- Past Chairman of the Franchise Council of Australia
- Australian Institute of Management - 2010 Owner Manager of the Year
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the year - 2010 Finalist
- Ernst & Young - Excellence in Management